Zi-Medical is proud to announce their subsidiary Patient Advocacy International (PAI)
Patient Advocacy with PAI
Helping Patients Navigate the Healthcare System
What is a Patient Advocacy Plan and How Does it Work?
Instead of paying a lawyers expensive hourly fees or spending numerous hours on the phone with employers, insurers, and healthcare providers, you pay a small monthly fee and get access to experienced patient advocates who are your single point of contact who communicate on your behalf with your healthcare providers and team, employers, attorneys, and insurers to ensure you or your covered family members care, healthcare coordination, insurance benefits (including Prior Authorization (Pharmacy and Medical) denials, and billing are fair and meet your healthcare, aftercare, and billing and reimbursements expectations.
we can help you with any type of healthcare issue from care, insurance coverage, aftercare, and billing and reimbursements. With Patient Advocates, you get step by step personalize plan without a huge bill or left without help.
How Patient Advocacy Works
Let's be honest, healthcare both emergent and planned, critically ill to the most routine preventative issues get expensive, time is valuable, and navigating on the phone with employers, insurers, and healthcare providers can cost you and your family $100s per hour in time and paperwork. With a patient advocate, you know up front what you're going to get, and our patient advocate are incentivized to spend time with you; not watch the clock. We are also available 24/7/365 as we all know healthcare issues happen at the most inconvenient times.
Healthcare issues can be confusing, complicated, and even a little embarrassing. Save time, save money, and protect yourself and your family with a patient advocate plan. Americans have trusted our expert's healthcare leaders for over 25 years, so join today.
Services We Provide
- Real time review of healthcare issues from emergent and planned, critically ill to the most routine preventative.
- Assistance from any type of unit in a healthcare facility whether it be in the emergency room, inpatient (including critical departments such as Intensive Care Unit, Surgical Intensive Care Unit, Neuro Intensive Care Unit, and Coronary Care Unit, Burn Unit, Trauma Unit), Psychiatric, telemetry or step down units, and Obstetrics and Gynecology, and medical floors.
- Assistance from any type of healthcare facility including hospitals, urgent cares, rehabilitation facilities, nursing homes, etc.
- Review of healthcare plan and diagnosis with recommendations and communication with patient and healthcare team.
- Review of health insurance coverage including deductibles, copayments, and cost shares.
- Working with insurance company regarding coverage, denial of services, and appealing denied services.
- Breaking down healthcare terminology to make more informed decisions.
- Legal representation should it be required.
- Specialty review from independent healthcare providers on healthcare services.
Member Patient Bill of Rights
Patient Advocate's is committed to bringing equal access and healthcare understanding and fairness for all. As one of our valued members, Patient Advocate's will strive to make your experience as pleasant as possible and ensure you receive all the benefits you are entitled to with your patient advocate membership.
We expect you will be a participant in you or your covered family's healthcare needs throughout the entire process. Please submit all information, documents, or details in a timely fashion to allow your patient advocate team to better help you.
Patient Advocate Matters - Consultation/Advice
- A patient advocate will call you back within four business hours or the staff will offer a phone appointment when needed.
- If your patient advocate does not reach you on the first attempt, a second attempt will be made the next business day.
- If your patient advocate cannot reach you via phone within two attempts in no more than two business days, your patient advocate will send a "no contact" email to let you know they are trying to contact you.
patient advocate - Time Sensitive Need/Response
- If you have a healthcare matter requiring immediate review due to a deadline, because of healthcare issues urgent pending date or required response, then your matter will be handled urgently by receiving a consultation from a patient advocate within an hour.
- If you have a healthcare matter requiring immediate review due to a pending deadline, hearing date or response, and your patient advocate does not reach you on the first or second attempt, a third attempt will be made within four business hours after the first call attempt.
- If your patient advocate cannot reach you regarding your call requiring an immediate review due to a pending deadline, hearing date or response, your patient advocate will use another method of communication to let you know they are trying to contact you after all three call attempts have been made.
Healthcare Matters - Emergency Situation
24/7 emergency access to a patient advocate through a dedicated phone line is available when you encounter a covered emergency situation such as:
- If you're currently in an emergency department or urgent care.
- If you're admitted to a healthcare facility (medical, rehabilitation, psychiatric)
- If you confined to your home and need healthcare or insurance benefit advice.
- If you require emergent surgery or receive a debilitating and/or terminal medical diagnosis.
Document Review/Letters Prepared
- When you submit a document for review, your patient advocate will review the document within three business days.
- If you need a letter prepared, it will be completed within three business days after all necessary documents to draft the letter are received.
- If you committed to sending documents to your patient advocate for review, and they are not received, your patient advocate will send you a follow-up communication as a reminder within five business days.
- Once all your information is provided to your patient advocate for your will questionnaire, an initial draft of your bill will be prepared by your patient advocate within 24 business hours. Patient Advocate DOES NOT BILL PER HOUR OR ADD ON UNECESSARY CHARGES. ALL ADDITIONAL CHARGES WILL BE DISCUSSED BEFORE ANY ADDITIONAL CHARGES ARE ADDED AND AS ALWAYS WE OFFER A FREE IN INITIAL CONSULATION. Healthcare Proxy, Living Wills, Advance Directives
- If you submit or are interested in a Healthcare Proxy, Living Will, or Advance Directive in the Patient Advocate Website, a patient advocate will call you back within four business hours. *Attorney Review Fees may be extra charge.
- You will receive you itemized bill for your monthly, Bi Annually, or Yearly subscription upon initially signing up with patient advocate's service and within 24 hours of any additional charges previously discussed.
- Payment is expected within 24 hours or receipt of bill and before services are rendered. Patient Advocate's accept PayPal, Cash, Credit Cards, Electronic Transfers, and E-Checks (all additional fees apply). If Payment is not received or payment arrangement not made based on agreements Patient Advocate's will stop work until balance is paid in full.
Referral To an Outside Entity
- If your patient advocate must make a referral to a specialized healthcare provider, attorney, or expert in a specialized area outside of our vast network,
- the assignment will be made within three business days for all general matters other than those needing immediate review and within eight business hours for matters needing immediate review.
Personal Plan Highlights
- Speak with your patient advocate on an unlimited number of personal healthcare issues
- Your patient advocate can make calls and write letters on your behalf
- Your patient advocate can review healthcare clinical and non-clinical documents, bills, and insurance Explanation of Benefits.
- One plan covers your whole family, including pre-existing issues.
- There's no risk to try. You can cancel your plan at any time, for any reason
Patient Advocate Top Advantages
- More time to talk with your patient advocate
- More pages of document review and drafting including personalize healthcare roadmap and billing documents.
- More standard healthcare services included with your fee
- Seasoned patient advocate that have an average of 25 years or more of experience in all aspects of healthcare (including Prior Authorization (medical and Pharmacy) Denial, insurance billing, and payments.
- Member perks and discounts that can pay for the plan by themselves
Personal Plan Coverage and Pricing
- The Personal Plan starts at $25.00 per month if paid for a full year in advance. $35.00 per month if paid Bi Annually, $45.00 per month if paid monthly, $50.00 for one time call after initial consultation.
- You, your spouse, and your dependents are all covered
- Speak with your patient advocate on an unlimited number of personal legal issues
- Get an unlimited number of personal legal contracts or documents reviewed
- Access to an patient advocate 24/7 for covered emergency situations
- There's no risk to try. You can cancel your plan at any time, for any reason
Personal Plan Coverage Details
A small monthly fee gets you access to healthcare help on an unlimited number of personal healthcare issues from patient advocate with an average of 25 years of expertise and experience. This page provides detailed information on what is included with your monthly fee.
Who the Plan Covers
- Members, Spouses and Partners
The person signing up for the plan (the Member)
as well as the member's spouse or partner are covered.
- Dependent Children
Never-married dependent children of the member or member's spouse, under 26 years of age who are permanent residents of the member's household or full-time students are covered, as well as Dependent children under age 18 for whom the member or member's spouse is the legal guardian. Any dependent child, regardless of age, who is physically disabled or mentally incapacitated and unable to make legally binding decisions, unable to be employed, 51% or more financially dependent upon the member and member's spouse and lives at home with the member or member's spouse are covered too.